I realize I promised an entry about dealing with office politics, but that’s going to have to wait until Monday. On Fridays, I’m going to offer up my five favorite blog posts from the week:
- Kathy Sierra of Creating Passionate Users gives us a lesson about why companies hire robots instead of the passionate, kickass people they say they want to hire.
- Jeffrey Phillips of Thinking Faster tells us how important it is know – really know – the purpose of your business, and how critical it is for your employees to know it, too.
- Pamela Slim of Escape from Cubicle Nation shares a cautionary tale about Big Businesses who ask bloggers to review their widgets before all the kinks are worked out.
- Curt Rosengren of The Occupational Adventure serves up some suggestions on what to do when you’re trapped in a job (or life) that’s not quite what you want.
- Finally, Yvonne DiVita of Lip-Sticking shares some reminders of what’s really important, courtesy of the late Erma Bombeck.
Have a great weekend; spend some time with people you love, and recharge your mental batteries.